2009-2010 Bruins Highlights

Thanks for visiting There's Something Bruin.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you may have.


bruinsblog@yahoo.com

August 31, 2010

"When the Red's Ruled the Roost"

Friday nights in my household have become very quite and relaxed as I am home on "Dad Duty." While I usually have a Bruins game to look forward to on Friday nights during the season, the grind of a hockey-less summer is starting to get to me. However, this past weekend after I put my daughter to bed and had navigated away from Go Diego Go, I stumbled upon something that caught my interest. I am not one who views PBS regularly, but I just caught a glimpse of the info on the documentary "When the Red's Ruled the Roost." It proved to be just enough to wet the appetite as we inch closer to the preseason.

The documentary, which was released in 2009 I believe, follows the history of Rhode Island's first professional hockey team and the pre-cursor to the modern day Providence Bruins. It picks up in the 1920's and does a great job of capturing the sport's market at the time and the special place the Red's played in Rhode Island history. A lot of the information and images I had never seen or heard of before. Countless former players are interviewed and share some very interesting stories about the characters the embodied the franchise. From the chain link fence that served as the boards to the primitive goalie masks that were cutting edge at the time, the documentary "When the Red's Ruled the Roost" is a must for any hockey enthusiast or fan of the Bruins/P Bruins. If you are a Rhode Island native you most certainly will remember some of the landmarks and perhaps stories that your parents and grandparents have told you about.

If you are looking to bridge the gap until the preseason games, do yourself a favor and spend the time to watch this great hockey documentary.

The link below will take you directly to the website.

"When the Red' Ruled the Roost"

No comments:

Post a Comment